Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kids These Days


Just for the fuck of it, I decided to flip on the tube today with the intention of finding out what the 'kids' are listening to. Never mind that the 'kids' don't actually watch television on television anymore. They watch it on OUTER SPACE!

So whilst taking a break from my arduous sunbathing regimen, I painted my toenails and flipped between MTV2 and Fuse during their respective "you pick 'em" blocks and discovered the following:

  1. That new Fiddy joint is HOTTTT. How hot? Let's just say I made it my new homepage song on Myspace! There! I said it! Seriously though? Dude uses the word 'stanky' in a rap. That wins eight thousand pimp points in my . . . uh . . . Official Pimp Book.
  2. Is it me or do all of MIMS' beats sound remarkably the same? Is that like saying that all Asians look alike? Is he trying to be post-modern? Is he trying to make some sort of searing social commentary on the soulless behemoth that is commercial rap by proving that you can remake the same song two times consecutively and still be super famous? Ok then.
  3. That song "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston? The one that talks about how this chick is too hot for his chubby, Rerun-lookin' ass and it makes him feel like offing himself? It makes me feel like offing myself.
Does this make me 'out of touch'? Old and curmudgeonly? Or just in possession of discerning and excellent taste? I'm voting for option three.

No comments: